Thursday, December 20, 2012

Yes, you can get the shingles, too.

I went to the doctor Sunday because a few days before that, I had started itching and broke out in a rash under my arm and on my back. I thought I might have been bit by an insect of some sort but, the doctoer there said that I have shingles. I thought that only older people could get them. I was aware that shingles are caused by the chicken pox virus but, not knowing that anybody could get them shows how uneducated I was on the subject of shingles. So, I got medicine for it Sunday. I've been taking it ever since. I've had a few problems. Mainly, itching and shooting pain through the are that the rashes are on. From what I've read, I've done fairly well with them. Factors for that possibly include my age, how quickly we caught it and the care I'm doing for it. I've been taking my medicine as I was supposed to and it seems to be clearing up quickly. I know that I'm going to have issues with it for quite sometime. I had chicken pox when I was 5 or 6 years old. So, I've went 20 years without shingles. I'm hoping that I can go another 20 years or, better yet, the rest of my life, without getting them again. I will be finished taking my medicine the day after Christmas. Let's hope that all this clears up before then.

Until Next Time...

)0( - PRiLA

No comments: