Sunday, October 27, 2013

2013, epic fail...

Ok, can I retract the statement I made in the 2012 recap post?

2013 has turned out to be a very unlucky year.

While 2012, had its down sides...my dad having surgery and my aunt passing away...2013, what was supposed to be a new, better year; a happy year, well...the universe had other plans for me.

Now, I'm not posting this blog for people to feel sorry for me. I'm simply posting because I haven't in a while and believe it or not, this blog has, if nothing else, been my only way to keep up with my own life.

On January 15, our house caught on fire. It destroyed the whole back half of it but thankfully, it never spread to my room.
On February 4, we found my granddaddy in the bathroom. He passed away from a heart attack.

Things were going good for a little but. We were able to find my parents a mobile home but, it was a fixer upper. We spent the next 4 months getting it ready to move into. We also started on mine getting it ready to move into in September because the fiancé and I were getting married September 13th.
As if planning a wedding and fixing up 2 mobile homes wasn't enough stress on us, on August 10, the day of my bridal shower, we get a call that they had found my brother dead on the side of the road in the city where he lived. He didn't love far from a had station so he walked there a lot. He was 39 years old and he passed from a heart attack.
So, September 13 rolls around, the day of our wedding. It was a very good day, I was happy, my decorations turned out wonderful thanks to a very special aunt and cousin. But, I was also sad because 3 people that I expected to be there couldn't make it. I know they were somewhere watching and making my day very special to me.

And that, has been my year so far. Let's see if the rest can be better.

No comments: