Sunday, December 17, 2017

Our *NEW* Home

In a couple of previous posts, I mentioned that we recently (in May) moved into a new home. Now, when I say NEW, I mean new to us. Our new place is a 1996 24x52 double wide mobile home that we bought moderately used from a private individual. It definitely needs quite a bit of work for it to be "nice" but, when we purchased it, we were looking for something larger than our 1989 14x70 mobile home. We had purchased the single a year before we got married and did quite a bit of renovations to it in order to make it livable. We lived in it for right at 3 years. While it was a nice place, I could not pass up the price of the double wide. Also, it was only 2 bedrooms and if we had any plans to have a child or children in the future, we would definitely need something a little bigger. We now have 3 bedrooms to work with. I don't think we'll need 2 bedrooms for kids but, just in case.. ya know.


We now have this double wide that was totally livable when we bought it. However, it does need some renovations but, until we get some debt paid off, we are not going to be doing any renovations. Unfortunately, I don't have very many pictures of the place before we moved into it. We sort of had a quick out of the old one and into the new one. Once we start renovations, I will definitely be making loads of pictures both before and after.

No comments: