Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Pat Sloan's Quilt Along - Main Street

Today, I started on Pat Sloan's newest quilt-a-long called Main Street. Each year I try to participate in each of her quilt-a-longs. She makes them so much fun and the end results are amazing. Now, I have never actually finished one of her projects (I'm still working on one from 2015 for Gods sake!) but, this year I am determined to complete at least one.

Now, for Main Street, I have picked out some really pretty fabric that I hope will turn into a beautiful quilt. I may even keep this one! All the other quilts I've ever made have been for gifts. Maybe it's high time I keep one for myself, ya think? All the fabrics I have chosen for this particular quilt-a-long are Waverly Inspirations screen prints.

This is the focus fabric that I chose for the Main Street quilt-a-long.

See why I can't wait to see the finished product!?! I am also almost finished with the Flower Bouquet which was her previous Wednesday quilt-a-long program. We are in the final stages of sewing the blocks together to create the quilt top. I am not too happy with mine so I don't know if I will show it on here or not.

I will however, be showing my progress for her Block of the Month for this year which is called Out of this World. Check that out if you're looking for something fun to do this year!

Now, on to other business...
When I am not quilting, I like to create other things such as baby related items. My specialty is carseat canopies. I also make baby bedding and boppy pillow covers. The pattern that I use most often to create my carseat canopies is the zippered canopy by Elizabeth Wyatt. I've found it is my favorite to do. I like the shape of it and how it falls over the carseats better than others that I have seen. It's also easy to convert without the zipper if preferred.

I just finished this carseat canopy for a friend. This one is the 2nd boy themed canopy that I've done and so far, I think it is my favorite. (Don't worry, you'll be seeing lots more carseat canopies!)


Until next time...




No comments: