Monday, December 3, 2018

Blogmas Day 3: 2018

Let's talk retail.

If you work in retail, you already know the holiday struggle. THE RETAIL STRUGGLE IS REAL, YA'LL.

Is it just me or, does it seem as if people in general just become so much more terrible during the holiday season? It seems as though they keep all their anger and frustration pent up and then feel as if it is their right and duty to release it during the holidays. I am employeed at a convenience store chain so, I endure this quite often throughout the year but even more so during the holiday season.

I mean, I whole-heartedly believe that everyone; and I mean everyone, should have to work in retail for at minimum 18 months in order to firmly endure the holiday season and really get a feel for what retail workers go through on a day-to-day basis. I think everyone would be more patient and understanding if they experienced life on the other side of that counter just once in their life. If you have been lucky enough to NOT ever have to work in retail in your life, bless you.

If you currently work in retail or have recently started a job in a retail establishment, may the odds be forever in your favor.

Until next time...

No comments: